Search This Blog

Monday, August 8, 2011

Why I'm Catholic

I Believe in God
I Believe God wants to be known
I Believe God wants a mutual loving relationship
Therefore God must reveal himself through covenants
I Believe that God made Covenants with the Hebrews
I Believe that Jesus Christ fulfills all the Covenants and Prophecies of the Old Testament
I Believe Jesus Christ established His Church on the foundation of Peter
I Believe that Peter handed down his Authority through history to the current Pope and Bishops
I Believe that this power is to "Bind and Loose" on Earth AND Heaven
I Believe that the Church is guided by the Holy Spirit
Therefore, I Believe, in good faith, that ALL the doctrines, dogmas, and teachings of the Holy Catholic Church are inspired by God and thus true.

I am Catholic because it was the Church established by Christ.

1 comment:

Ian Mills said...

"I Believe Jesus Christ established His Church on the foundation of Peter"

Early medieval schismatic and unprecedented innovation of Rome, wholly absent in Early Church ecclesiology and explicitly contradicted in early interpretations of Matthew 16. There also exist direct condemnations of any universal Bishopric as implied in the above quoted proposition.

I'll stop here for now.