Search This Blog

Thursday, February 4, 2010

On Beds and Dream Land

I consistently have problems getting out of bed. Last night was the first time in months that I slept completely through the night without waking up at all. It was glorious, and thus I awoke without feeling tired. Nevertheless, I stayed in my bed and slept another hour... waking up frequently, tossing and turning, and not really getting anything out of it anyway. I actually ended up MORE tired than if I had just gotten up when my body told me to.

The thought has crossed my mind that i'm depressed. But I don't think not wanting to get out of bed should be the sole criteria for that--Overall I'm happy with my life and am still staying interested in things I love, etc. Rather, I really think I just like the physical comfort of my bed--the warm blanket rapped around my body, pillow under my head--it's like a warm, pleasing shelter on a cold, dead morning. How could I not blame myself for sleeping in that extra hour every morning and being "late" for work. Thankfully I have a flexible work schedule. Needless to say, I am in NO way a morning person.

I usually remember most of the dreams I have because I typically wake up after each of them. However, since I didn't wake up until I "woke up", I only remember my last dream. It was a dream I was married. Lame, right? It was only one of the most beautiful dreams I have ever had, and just reflecting on it still puts me in a good mood.

The joy of it was that it was a completely simple dream. I obviously loved the woman I was with, and she loved me. The joy was doing all the little romantic things for her--coming home and giving her a kiss, doing the dishes with her, having a nice romantic meal, sneaking up behind her, hugging her from behind, and giving her a kiss, cuddling in the backseat of a pick-up truck and looking at the stars. All things I look forward to with my future wife. What a way to start off the day!

No comments: